install plugin

General
Sylvain
2010-12-01
2012-12-10
  • Sylvain

Sylvain - 2010-12-01

hi !

i've just install buddy on my imac (mac os 10.5…) but i can't install plugins :-( i've tried with some import plugin and there is always the same message : "There are no Buddi plugins in this Jar file, or there was a problem loading the plugins. Ensure you have selected a valid plugin file."

i've read on the buddy website that's a problem of java version but i've tried to run buddy under java 1.5 or java 1.6 and that's always the same…

any idea ? thanks.

sylcha

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2010-12-01

I'll take a look when I get some time… I don't user plugins personally, and have not run into this.  It may be that some recent changes to Buddi require the plugins to be re-created to be compatible.

Cheers

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2010-12-06

I have just tested a couple plugins and they appear to be working.  Make sure that you are using the most recent version of the plugin; older versions will not work with new versions of the program.  Likewise, make sure that you are using the most recent version of Buddi, as there are always new fixes and features being added.

If you still can't get this working, please let me know the version of Buddi you are using, along with the name and version of the plugin you are trying to load.

Cheers

• Victor Pierce

Victor Pierce - 2010-12-30

I too have this identical problem with plugins.  Balance Sheet, CSVImportDoneRight, Export CSV, Graphs by parent cat, Net income over time, reportbyParentCat and ReportsbySelected Source all fail addition. Buddi version 3.4.0.7 and Balance sheet plugin 1.1.0.0 of July 11, 2010.  This Buddi Installed on OSX 10.4.11 and on OSX 10.5.8 gives the same failure to add plugins.
    Thanks,
    Vic

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-12-31

I have the same problem.  It started after I installed the latest Buddi version 3.4.0.7.  I was unable to import QIF files.  I double checked the format of the QIF file in my text editor.  It was correct.

I then downloaded the latest version of the QIF import pluggin (version 3.1.0.1) but was unable to install it.  I downloaded the latest version of several other pluggins - Net Income Over Time (3.4.0.3), Export CSV (3.4.0.3), CSVImportDoneRight (3.1.0.0) - and they would not install either.

• Mikael Mätäsaho

Very same problem here as with previous ones. @olsonw, gotta say this should taken seriously and, at least, inform to plugin developers.

/cheers

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2011-01-16

@fuggah, and others:

I do take this seriously, however, it does not seem to be happening to everyone, and I have been unable to reproduce the problem myself, even with the exact plugin versions specified.

Can one / all of you please send me a copy of your Buddi.log file, after trying to import a plugin?  This is located in ~/.buddi (*nix), c:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Buddi (Windows), and ~/Library/Logs (OSX).  This file should tell me what is happening.

Cheers

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2011-01-16

As a followup: you can email me the logs, at the email address found on http://buddi.digitalcave.ca/contact.jsp

Cheers

• Mikael Mätäsaho

I'd like to - very pleasure - but my log is empty. How could I enable logging?

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2011-01-16

Logging is always enabled… can you try doing the following to make sure that the log you are looking at is the right one:

1) Quit Buddi (if it is open)
    2) Delete the log file
    3) Restart Buddi, and try to load a plugin.
    4) Quit Buddi again
    5) View log.

You should see *something* there… let me know if you still don't.

Cheers

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-01-26

@olsonw, sorry, no gain.

When trying to load plugin Buddi says there're no plugins in jar file.
    Buddi.log at ~/Library/Logs/ is empty, zero bytes, null, but exists though.

• Mikael Mätäsaho

@olsonw, any news about this issue? As I said earlier, my Buddi.log stays very empty. Timestamp for log file gets updated by Buddi use.

• Dirk Vanhalle

Dirk Vanhalle - 2011-02-13

I had the same problem on windows. No log files were created because I was running the exe., even if I added the -verbosity parameter. But when I ran the jar file from a command-line, I could see the UnsupportedClassVersionError. That's my mistake, because I use java 5 by default. Using java 6 solved the problem for me.

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2011-02-13

Thank you divh65 for this… I had not realized that the .exe wrapper does not log.  To those still having problems, please try running the .jar directly, and see if logging works then.

Thanks

• Mikael Mätäsaho

Yep, my points to divh65. I didn't have time enough to run java without wrappers. My mistake is not using java 5, I have java 6, but the following error can be found

Feb 14, 2011 12:49:04 AM ca.digitalcave.moss.application.plugin.factory.PluginFactory getMossPluginsFromJar
    SEVERE: Error when instantiating plugin com/charwot/buddi/plugins/CSVImportDoneRight.class
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/homeunix/thecave/moss/swing/MossDocumentFrame
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
    at ca.digitalcave.moss.common.ClassLoaderFunctions.getClass(ClassLoaderFunctions.java:179)
    at ca.digitalcave.moss.application.plugin.factory.PluginFactory.getMossPluginsFromJar(PluginFactory.java:49)
    at org.homeunix.thecave.buddi.plugin.builtin.preference.PluginPreferences.actionPerformed(PluginPreferences.java:242)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2028)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2351)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6352)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6117)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2085)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4714)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2143)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4621)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4282)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4212)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2129)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:635)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.homeunix.thecave.moss.swing.MossDocumentFrame
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)

I suppose something has changed between versions since this has worked with java 6 with earlier versions.

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2011-02-13

OK, now we are getting somewhere… can you please confirm the name and version of the plugin you are using?  This error is referencing a changed library path; however, that library changed well over a year ago, and all plugins that I have the source code for had been updated at that time (unless I missed one).  If the plugin is the most recent one, and it is still happening there, then I will upload a newer version.

Cheers

• Mikael Mätäsaho

Sure, zip file is CSVImportDoneRight-1.3.0.0.zip.

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2011-02-26

I have updated all the plugins which I have source code for, and think that this may have done the trick… please give the new ones a shot, and let me know.

(For the curious, I set the compile flag to force Java 1.5 compatible output).

Cheers

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-02-26

Works like a charm, thanks a lot :)