Can't connect my pda with my gps

Help
dguell
2007-10-27
2013-05-02
  • dguell

dguell - 2007-10-27

Hi, I have a pocket pc HP2490 and a Qstarz gps BT-Q1000. I have tried to run your program but it doesn't work. I have installed the cabs file BT747-pocket.pc.arm, BT747_HPC2000.arm and BT747_HPC211.arm in my PDA and noone works. The program runs but there is no comunication with my gps. Both PDA and GPS are syncronised by bluetooth. Do I have to re-connect with your program or it's ok being sync by bluetooth?
    How can I try the program ?
    I think it is very good to avoid configurate the gps always with the computer.

thanks

• Mario De Weerd

Mario De Weerd - 2007-10-27

0. You may need to associate the GPS device with your PDA.  Check if another GPS application works.
      1. Starting version 1.05, the connection tab shows the current location if the reception is OK.
      2. If '1' is ok, but you do not see any other information on the other tabs, you probably did not do the HW hack.  You need to add a 1k resistor for that - see the project page for a link.

• dguell

dguell - 2007-10-29

Hello,

GPS works wll with other applications so it is connected to my pda.
        I don't understand when you talk about HW hack. What is it? What does it mean adding a 1k resistor ? Sorry for my bad knowledge about this project.

Thanks

• Mario De Weerd

Mario De Weerd - 2007-10-30

Look on this project's project page (wiki) and look for hardware hack for information.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks