Menu

button on iblue 747

Help
ohneschuh
2008-07-20
2013-05-02
  • ohneschuh

ohneschuh - 2008-07-20

i just get an iblue 747. connection, setting the preferences at the device and downloading the data work fine. only the button-press filter for the waypoints doesn't work. there are no waypoints neither in gpx nor in the kml file. is there a trick to get the waypoints marked with the button out of the device?

thanks in advance

florian

• Mario De Weerd

Mario De Weerd - 2008-07-20

This behaviour probably indicates that you are not logging the 'RCR' data.  This field logs the reason for recording the data.
      If the converted CSV file does not have this field, then that is the reason.

• ohneschuh

ohneschuh - 2008-07-21

Thank You! Logging the RCR data solves the Problem.

• Serge Droz

Serge Droz - 2009-11-04

You must enable RCR in teh Device settings tab. (RCR = Log reason why the point was recorded) Otherwise the software (any) cannot determine that a point was logged because you pressed the button.

• Serge Droz

Serge Droz - 2009-11-04

I guess displaying the entire thread would help. Sorry for the double entry.

• Frieder Ferlemann

It would be nice if a warning message would show if the user disables RCR.

I have been burned by that when geolocating fotos of a vacation. I took fotos of me pressing the button of the GPS logger whenever I was swapping SD-cards. None of these events/waypoints showed and so I was not able to determine the time offset of the camera and thus the correlation between fotos and GPS data was only "a good guess"…

Should displaying a warning message be a feature request?

Greetings,
    Frieder

• Serge Droz

Serge Droz - 2009-11-05

I'm not really sure I understand what time has to do with swapping SD cards.
    In any case, though. If RCR is disabled, the points should be there never the less. You might find them if you know the apropriate times an look for iregulars in the series of stored points. (e.g. if you recored every 10 seconds / every 20 meters) there might be "irregulars' Those would be the ones.

Rather than warne for a certain setting, I think it would be more useful to have certain predifined 'profiles'
    Eg Hiking, motor traveling, ….. taht could be selected (and of course custom)

• Frieder Ferlemann

> I'm not really sure I understand what time has to do with swapping SD cards.

On my particular camera (Finepix E900) swapping SD cards means a lid has to opened which also has the contacts for two AA batteries.
    I always fear that this might cause glitches within the cameras real time clock. So I try to take a photo of (a watch or) the GPS logger while I'm pressing the waypoint button directly before and after swapping the cards.

> look for iregulars

Pressing the waypoint button seems to restart the recording interval (bt747, M-core_1.94) so if you by chance press the button if a time based recording was due then you might not see it. This is a sequence with 20 second interval (normally I use 3s or 1s interval and log valid points only, which makes it worse) and the button being pressed twice:

<pre><code>12:23:07
    12:23:27
    12:23:30 Button
    12:23:35 Button,
    12:23:55
    12:24:15
    12:24:35
    12:24:55
    </code></pre>If the button had been pressed at 12:23:47 it would have gone unnoticed…

My point is that the consequences of disabling RCR can be severe and were non obvious to me. A warning would have helped me. On the other hand I know now:)