Version 0.5 of Brutal Chess Alpha has been released. A binary build is available for Windows, builds for other platforms will follow soon. A source release is also available for all platforms.
Brutal Chess is a cross platform chess game with advanced 3D graphics powered by OpenGL and SDL. It features an alpha-beta AI based on the GNUChess algorithm.
Main changes for this release include:
- Completely new code base
- Menu system to replace console
- Select pawn promotion piece through new interface
- Variable AI difficulty
- New loading screen
- Shadows and other graphical tweaks
- Full rotation of the camera
- History arrows displaying previous move
- MD3 (Quake 3) model support
As always, we appreciate bug reports, just submit them to the SourceForge tracker.
Log in to post a comment.