#291 Updated ply-g to support binary PLY Files

ply-g (1)
Rishub Jain

The ply-g converter did not work for binary PLY files, and I used the RPly library (http://w3.impa.br/~diego/software/rply/) to implement this, since it was available under the MIT license for free use. I have included all the neccesary library files and changes to the cmake lists.

1 Attachments


  • Rishub Jain

    Rishub Jain - 2014-07-31

    I have updated this patch to take account for PLY files which have color. I have also changed how it formatted the ASCII files, so all PLY files now use the RPly library now so new features can be implement easily. I ran several tests and have determined that using the RPLY library is not any slower than using the previous approach for ASCII files.

  • Rishub Jain

    Rishub Jain - 2014-08-04

    Updated patch to free memory, and name the BOT and region that are added to the database to be ply_file.bot and ply_file.bot.r

    Last edit: Rishub Jain 2014-08-04
  • Rishub Jain

    Rishub Jain - 2014-08-13

    Fixed naming problem when converting files in other directories.

  • Cliff Yapp

    Cliff Yapp - 2014-11-15
    • status: open --> closed-accepted
    • assigned_to: Cliff Yapp
  • Cliff Yapp

    Cliff Yapp - 2014-11-15

    Applied in commit r63455 - thanks!


Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

No, thanks