This is a new implementation of the bn_mat_inverse() and bn_mat_determinant routines in src/libbn/mat.c of BRL-CAD; with the following amendments:
* The matrix pointed at by "input" is inverted and stored in the area
* pointed at by "output".
* Invert a 4-by-4 matrix using direct computation.
* Uses 100 multiplications and 61 additions or substractions, total
* Calculates the determinant of the 4X4 matrix
* (This implementation requires only 34 multiplications
* and 20 additions or substractions, saving 6 multiplications
* and 3 additions or substractions compared to the previous one.
Log in to post a comment.