Did it Install?

Help
2006-02-26
2013-04-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

After running the .dmg for OS X I did not get any errors, however I can't verify if it installed or not.  How can I tell?

Thank You.  I'm new to the Mac

• Paul Cobbaut

Paul Cobbaut - 2006-02-27

(i have never seen brl-cad on mac, but) can you start the mged application ?

There are also some helpful pdf's at brlcad.org

cheers,
      pol :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ok, I found out where the files are and I can see them, however, when I run the command "/usr/brlcad/bin/mged" in the terminal I get the following error.  Can someone help?

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.1.dylib
        Referenced from: /usr/brlcad/bin/mged
        Reason: image not found
      Trace/BPT trap
      darcy-powerbook-g4-12:~ darcy$

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2006-02-27

If this is a 10.2 system, the binaries were not all compiled to support that version of the OS and could explain the missing library.  Do you have X11 installed?  It's an optional installation package on the Mac OS X system installation disc.

Cheers!
        Sean

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2006-02-27

Open up a command line either via /Applications/Utilities/Terminal or /Applications/Utilities/X11 and run:

ls -la /usr/brlcad

That will give you a listing of the /usr/brlcad directory.  If it says file or directory not found, it didn't install -- otherwise it did install.

Alternatively, you can open a Finder window, and hit CMD-SHIFT-g and give /usr/brlcad as the path on the drop-down sheet that appears.  There's not much you can do within Finder, but it will verify that it installed.

Cheers!
      Sean

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks