Close

Mac 10.8.3, MGED 7.22.0

Help
David
2013-05-03
2013-05-03
  •  David

David - 2013-05-03

I was happy to see a new version of the Mac bundle is available. I downloaded it and wanted to try running iges-g to convert an iges file into something brlcad can operate on. However, I have run into a little issue...

In a terminal window, I change the directory to the bin folder of the .app
    cd /Applications/Engineering_Applications/CAD_programs/BrlCad/BRL-CAD\ \:\ MGED\ 7.22.0.app/Contents/Resources/rel-7.22.0/bin

And then I run:
    ./iges-g -o /Users/dwwagner/WORK/VA/Projects/GEOMETRY_repo/proxFemur_5_3_13/FemurProximal_NURBS_5_3_13.g /Users/dwwagner/WORK/VA/Projects/GEOMETRY_repo/proxFemur_5_3_13/FemurProximal_NURBS_5_3_13.igs

I get the following error:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/brlcad/rel-7.22.0/lib/libwdb.20.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/Engineering_Applications/CAD_programs/BrlCad/BRL-CAD : MGED 7.22.0.app/Contents/Resources/rel-7.22.0/bin/./iges-g
    Reason: image not found
    Trace/BPT trap: 5

Any help on where I have gone wrong would be much appreciated.

Best,
    David

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2013-05-03

You haven't gone wrong, the command-line application just can't find what it needs from within the bundle directory. Instead of running "./iges-g -o ..." run this instead: "DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=../lib ./iges-g -o ..."

A more permanent solution is something like this:

sudo mkdir /usr/brlcad
    cd /usr/brlcad
    sudo ln -s "/Applications/Engineering_Applications/CAD_programs/BrlCad/BRL-CAD : MGED 7.22.0.app/Contents/Resources/rel-7.22.0"

Cheers!
    Sean