I hope you can help me with a few questions I have with BRL-CAD.
We are maybe planning to get a CAD programm, but at the moment I am not sure about which programm.
1. Does this programm look likes autoCAD? I mean, are there things I cannot do with it, what I can do with autoCAD?
2. Wenn something is made in autoCAD, can I work with it in BRL-CAD? And if something is made in BRL-CAD, can I work with it in autoCAD?
3. If I want to use this programm on more computers, is that possible?
4. Is it possible to use this programm in a cloud?
5. Can I alos use this programm for companies, or onlu for private use?
6. Do I need some special software or hardware to run this programm? Like a bigger screen, or…?
7. Can I use this programm with a 3D printer?
8. Wenn I don't have the experience to use a CAD programm, do I have to follow a special course for it? Or can I follow the autoCAD course?
I hope someone can answer my questions (very soon).
Thanks a lot!
The answer to number 7 is yes - I have a 3D printer and have built geometries using BRL-CAD and printed them after using the g-stl converter (most 3D printer software uses STL format)
1. No. Beside other things there is no dimension line in BRL-CAD, for example.
2. There are many converters for BRL-CAD. You should try some of them to find out if they are sufficient for your application.
5. Yes. Simple commercial use of the program is free (see the GPL/LGPL).
6. No. A standard PC with MS Windows, Linux, FreeBSD or a Mac with OS X is sufficient.
7. See the previous reply.
8. There is a lot of documentation online on brlcad.org. For example, you should have a look at "Introduction to MGED" at http://brlcad.org/wiki/Documentation .
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.