Archer in OS X 7.24.0

• MarkFromNJ

MarkFromNJ - 2013-09-07

I am experiencing pilot error trying to start Archer under OS X :) I installed 7.24.0 on a MacBook Pro Retina 15" with Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and XQuartz 2.7.4 (xorg-server 1.13.0). BRL-CAD runs fine but there does not seem to be a way to start Archer from the GUI Application menu.

In the Windows install, a Desktop link for Archer is installed along with BRL-CAD. This does not seem to be the case with OS X. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to start Archer from the command line.

I apologize if this has been answered - I looked and did not find anything.

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2013-09-17

The Mac OS X installer application bundle is relatively new and we're still trying to sort out what works best. Right now, the double-clickable app is hard-wired to start up MGED, but you can change the script that is run to invoke archer instead. Right-click the app icon, show contents, navigate to Contents/Resources and edit the script file (I don't remember the exact file name, but it should be obvious). In that text file, you'll see a line that runs 'mged'. You should be able to change that to 'archer', save the file, and double-clicking the application should start up archer instead.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks