Binaries for Win32

Help
Pascal V
2005-01-09
2013-04-22
  • Pascal V

Pascal V - 2005-01-09

I have not found binaries for Microsoft Windows nor instructions for compiling for Windows without commercial compiler on sourceforge, Google and http://ftp.arl.army.mil/brlcad/preGPL/downloads/Current/

Does someboby know where I can find Win32 binaries or some instructions to compile under Win32 without commercial compiler?
    Has someboby succeeded to install BRL-CAD with Cygwin/Microsoft Windows?

Thanks,

Pascal pascalv@despammed.com

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2005-01-10

There are presently only beta versions of win32 binaries floating around for Windows right now.  A full port has not yet been completed; there's still work that needs to happen in the build files.  Work is under way, though, to fix that little problem, though.  When it's done, you can be certain binaries will be posted and a news announcement will be made.

Cheers!

• Nobody/Anonymous

I don't want to sound impatient, but how is the progress on a Windows port going? I'ld like to check this program out but I don't have Linux.

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2005-03-21

I don't want to sound vague, but the progress on a Windows port is coming along nicely.  It'll be done "when it's done" and unfortunately how long that takes can only be expedited by more involvement from the community.  It is, however, being worked on by several and will hopefully be done soon.  Stay tuned -- the brlcad-news mailling list will be sure to announce that port.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks