Menu

compile errors when entering /src/other/libtk

Help
2005-01-17
2013-04-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

make is successful until this happens:

make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/RPM/SOURCE/brlcad-7.0/src/other/libtk'
    /bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g  -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -o wish   unix/tkAppInit.lo libtk.la ../../../src/other/libtcl/libtcl8.4.la  -ldl -lm
    gcc -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -o .libs/wish unix/tkAppInit.o  ./.libs/libtk.a ../../../src/other/libtcl/.libs/libtcl8.4.so /usr/src/RPM/SOURCE/brlcad-7.0/src/other/libz/.libs/libz.so -ldl -lm  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/brlcad/lib
    ./.libs/libtk.a(tkWindow.o)(.text+0x69e): In function `Tk_MakeWindowExist':
    /usr/src/RPM/SOURCE/brlcad-7.0/src/other/libtk/generic/tkWindow.c:1698: undefined reference to `XRootWindow'
    ==================================
    Has s.b. any idea what I could change to make it run?
    By the way - my system:
    ====================
    gcc -v
    Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/3.4.3/specs
    Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --with-slibdir=/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking --enable-long-long --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-languages=c,c++,ada,f77,objc,java --host=i586-mandrake-linux-gnu --with-system-zlib
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 3.4.3 (Mandrakelinux 10.2 3.4.3-3mdk)
    kernel is 2.6.8.1-12mdk.

Thanks in advance!
    Martin in Cologne / Germany.
    ====================

• Nobody/Anonymous

Me again. I forgot my email-adress:
      mailto:mlutz@netcologne.de
      ;-)

• Daniel

Daniel - 2005-05-02

I am having a similar error compiling the source for brl-cad 7.2.2 on an Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary Hedgehog) system. I was able to compile the source okay on Mepis 3.3, but I just switched to Ubuntu and it's not working.

After getting a few packages, I was able to run ./configure okay. Running make, I get an error a few lines after where Martin did. Here is an excerpt of the terminal output:

Making all in unix
      make[4]: Entering directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/other/libtcl/unix'
      make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
      make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/other/libtcl/unix'
      make[4]: Entering directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/other/libtcl'
      make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
      make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/other/libtcl'
      make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/other/libtcl'
      Making all in libtk
      make[3]: Entering directory `/home/daniel/brlcad-7.2.2/src/other/libtk'
      Making all in doc
      make[4]: Entering directory `/home/daniel/brlcad-7.2.2/src/other/libtk/doc'
      make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
      make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/brlcad-7.2.2/src/other/libtk/doc'
      Making all in generic
      make[4]: Entering directory `/home/daniel/brlcad-7.2.2/src/other/libtk/generic'
      /bin/sh ../../../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../include  -DTK_LIBRARY="\"/usr/brlcad/lib/tk8.4\"" -I../../../../src/other/libtcl/generic -I../../../../src/other/libtk/bitmaps -I../../../../src/other/libtk/generic -I../../../../src/other/libtk/unix -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I../../../../include  -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -c -o tkStubLib.lo `test -f 'tkStubLib.c' || echo './'`tkStubLib.c
      gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../include -DTK_LIBRARY=\"/usr/brlcad/lib/tk8.4\" -I../../../../src/other/libtcl/generic -I../../../../src/other/libtk/bitmaps -I../../../../src/other/libtk/generic -I../../../../src/other/libtk/unix -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I../../../../include -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -c tkStubLib.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/tkStubLib.o
      In file included from tkPort.h:20,
                       from tkStubLib.c:34:
      tk.h:100:29: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
      In file included from tkPort.h:20,
                       from tkStubLib.c:34:
      tk.h:576: error: syntax error before "Window"
      tk.h:576: error: `Window' declared as function returning a function
      tk.h:576: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
      tk.h:579: error: syntax error before "XEvent"
      tk.h:588: error: syntax error before "Tk_ClassCreateProc"
      tk.h:588: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
      tk.h:596: error: syntax error before '}' token
      tk.h:596: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

If left to run, it spits out a very long list of similar error messages.

Thank you,
      Daniel

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2005-05-02

Your error message indicates that it cannot find the X11 headers:  tk.h:100:29: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory

There are two possible reasons for this.  1) You really don't have the X11 developer headers/libraries installed or 2) configure wasn't able to detect that you have them installed.  Since you are on Ubuntu, I'm going to slightly presume option #2, but you should still verify that you indeed do have the X11 headers.  i.e.  'locate Xlib.h' reports what?

From the compile line, it's trying /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h so if it's not there, that would be the problem.  There are a variety of workarounds, but I'd need to have a better idea of what your pariticular setup is first (i.e. is it really installed and if so, where is Xlib.h).

• Daniel

Daniel - 2005-05-03

After typing 'locate Xlib.h', it only returned the copy in ~/brl-cad-7.2.2/src/other/libtk/xlib/X11/Xlib.h

I then installed the Xlib-dev package, to see if that would fix the problem. On running locate, it still only returns the copy of Xlib.h in my home directory.

If I cd to /usr/X11R6/include/X11/, it shows a file Xlib.h in the directory when I type 'ls', but it doesn't appear to be finding it when I type locate

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2005-05-03

That is to be expected.  The locate database does not update automatically/immediately.  Most systems are configured to update the locate database sometime in the middle of the night.  If the Xlib-dev package really was what you needed, you should be able to rerun configure:

./configure
        make

If you notice, when you run configure there will be lines referring to X11 like "checking for header X11/Xlib.h ... yes" .. paste them here if make fails again as well as the summary lines at the end of configure for LIBS and CPPFLAGS.

• Daniel

Daniel - 2005-05-03

I tried to compile the source again and came up against a different error:

/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include   -I/usr/X11R6/include -I../../include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DIF_REMOTE -DIF_AB -DIF_X -DIF_OGL -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -c -o if_ogl.lo `test -f 'if_ogl.c' || echo './'`if_ogl.c
      gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I../../include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DIF_REMOTE -DIF_AB -DIF_X -DIF_OGL -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -c if_ogl.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/if_ogl.o
      if_ogl.c:89: error: syntax error before "XEvent"
      if_ogl.c:100: error: syntax error before '*' token
      if_ogl.c:100: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
      if_ogl.c:108: error: syntax error before "color_cell"
      if_ogl.c:108: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
      if_ogl.c:113: error: syntax error before "Display"
      if_ogl.c:245: error: syntax error before "GLXContext"
      if_ogl.c:245: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union

followed by lots more if_ogl.c errors.

I've looked through Synaptic, but I haven't been able to figure out which package to install to solve this.

When I type 'locate if_ogl.c' it finds ~/brlcad-7.2.2/src/libfb/if_ogl.c

When I ran ./configure, the portions concerning X11:

configure: *** Automatically caching to config.cache.linux-gnu.betasigma ***
      checking for X11 in /usr/X11R6... found
      checking for freeware in /usr/freeware... not found
      checking for /usr/local... found
      checking for X11 in /opt/X11R6... not found
      checking for X11 in /opt/X11... not found
      checking for X11 in /usr/X11... not found
      checking for /opt... found, but empty
      checking for fink in /sw... not found
      checking ... a r g u m e n t s ...

checking GL/gl.h usability... no
      checking GL/gl.h presence... no
      checking for GL/gl.h... no
      checking GL/glx.h usability... no
      checking GL/glx.h presence... no
      checking for GL/glx.h... no
      checking X11/Xlib.h usability... yes
      checking X11/Xlib.h presence... yes
      checking for X11/Xlib.h... yes
      checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes
      checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
      checking for arpa/inet.h... yes

The summary lines:

CC       = gcc
      CFLAGS   =   -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g
      CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/X11R6/include -I$(top_srcdir)/include
      LDFLAGS  = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g
      LIBS     =

Build IWidgets .......................: yes
      Build Itcl/Itk .......................: yes
      Build Tcl ............................: yes
      Build libpng .........................: yes
      Build libregex .......................: no (using system)
      Build libz ...........................: no (using system)
      Build jove ...........................: no

Java Developer Kit support ...........: no
      X11 support ..........................: yes
      Open GL support ......................: yes
      Enable run-time debugging ............: yes

Build 64-bit release .................: no (32-bit)
      Build optimized release ..............: no
      Build debug release ..................: yes
      Build profile release ................: no
      Build static libraries ...............: yes
      Build shared/dynamic libraries .......: yes
      Print verbose compilation warnings ...: no

Only build benchmark suite ...........: no
      Only build librtserver ...............: no
      Generate doxygen documentation .......: no

Elapsed configuration time ...........: 3 minutes, 36 seconds
      ---
      ./configure complete, type 'make' to begin building

Thanks,
      Daniel

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2005-05-04

Good, that's progress believe it or not.  It successfully found the X11 headers and libraries.  What it did not find is the Open GL headers/libraries.  The lines that say checking for GL/... should say yes as well.  That means you probably need to install some other -dev package (mesa-gl-dev? mesa-dev?) as well, still.

It doesn't "require" opengl to build, but it's presently hard-wired to presume that it's available.  In the near future, that will be auto-detected and disabled when not available.

• Daniel

Daniel - 2005-05-04

I downloaded and installed the packages xlibmesa-dev, xlibmesa-gl-dev, and xlibmesa-glu-dev. I then ran ./configure and make and got the same error as before.

The xlibmesa-gl and -glu libraries are the X.org version of the Mesa 3D library. If I want to install the normal version, Synaptic makes me uninstall the normal Mesa libraries. Here is the blurb from Synaptic:

Mesa 3D graphics library [X.Org]
      Mesa is a 3D graphics library which presents an API intended to be compatible
      with OpenGL.  X.Org maintains its own version of the Mesa library (which is
      regularly resynchronized with the official one) to permit development of the
      X.Org X server's Direct Rendering Infrastructure (DRI), which makes the 3D
      acceleration features of many modern video cards available to X client
      programmers.

• Sean Morrison

Same error as before most likely because you didn't run autogen.sh again perhaps?  Configure caches results from previous configure runs, so it wouldn't have even tried to search for the headers a second time if you just reran configure (which I may have forgotten to mention.. *ahem*).  Rerun autogen.sh then configure and see if it still doesn't find the GL/gl.h headers (which you should have as /usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h).

It sounds like the package you really needed might have been called mesa-gl-dev?  Either way, the headers should be nearly identical for our purposes and it sounds like you already have the libraries installed.  So to recap, ./autogen.sh && ./configure .. make sure it finds GL/gl.h during the header section checks and that it'll probably add -lgl or somesuch to the LIBS.

• Daniel

Daniel - 2005-05-04

This time it got past the GL errors. The next snag is with Sc.

I ran ./autogen.sh, ./configure, and make, and received lots of errors about sc.c. I looked around in Synaptic and downloaded and installed libsc-dev. I then reran autogen, configure, and make. This time I received a shorter list of errors:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst'
      /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -o burst  burst.o error.o fb.o glob.o grid.o gridrotate.o Hm.o HmGetc.o HmGlob.o idents.o paint.o plot.o prnt.o Sc.o Tc.o trie.o ui.o ../../src/librt/librt.la ../../src/libfb/libfb.la ../../src/libtermio/libtermio.la
      gcc -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -o .libs/burst burst.o error.o fb.o glob.o grid.o gridrotate.o Hm.o HmGetc.o HmGlob.o idents.o paint.o plot.o prnt.o Sc.o Tc.o trie.o ui.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib ../../src/librt/.libs/librt.so ../../src/libfb/.libs/libfb.so ../../src/libtermio/.libs/libtermio.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/brlcad/lib
      burst.o(.text+0x3b4): In function `main':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/burst.c:228: warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
      prnt.o(.text+0x260): In function `locPerror':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/prnt.c:154: warning: `sys_errlist' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead
      prnt.o(.text+0x254):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/prnt.c:153: warning: `sys_nerr' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead
      Sc.o(.text+0x65): In function `ScLoadTP':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:123: undefined reference to `tgetnum'Sc.o(.text+0x7d):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:124: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
      Sc.o(.text+0xbe): In function `ScLoadTCS':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:134: undefined reference to `tgetstr'Sc.o(.text+0xde):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:135: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
      Sc.o(.text+0xfe):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:136: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
      Sc.o(.text+0x11e):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:137: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
      Sc.o(.text+0x13e):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:138: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
      Sc.o(.text+0x15e):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:139: more undefined references to `tgetstr' follow
      Sc.o(.text+0x359): In function `ScInit':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:191: undefined reference to `tgetent'Sc.o(.text+0x3dc):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:207: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x434): In function `ScClrEOL':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:218: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x48f): In function `ScClrScrlReg':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:229: undefined reference to `tgoto'
      Sc.o(.text+0x4ab):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:229: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x503): In function `ScClrStandout':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:240: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x55f): In function `ScClrText':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:251: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x5b7): In function `ScInsertLn':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:262: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x60f): In function `ScDeleteLn':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:273: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x667):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:284: more undefined references to `tputs' follow
      Sc.o(.text+0x71b): In function `ScMvCursor':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:309: undefined reference to `tgoto'
      Sc.o(.text+0x737):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:309: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x78d): In function `ScSetScrlReg':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:321: undefined reference to `tgoto'
      Sc.o(.text+0x7a9):/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:321: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x801): In function `ScSetStandout':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:332: undefined reference to `tputs'
      Sc.o(.text+0x859): In function `ScUpScroll':
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst/Sc.c:343: undefined reference to `tputs'
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make[2]: *** [burst] Error 1
      make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/burst'
      make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src'
      make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

• Sean Morrison

That particular dependency is actually fixed in the latest CVS version 7.2.3 and will be released in 7.2.4 in a day or two, but it's easy enough to resolve locally for 7.2.2 also.  It's basically expecting a termlib/termcap/curses/ncurses library.  Install any one of those, and you should finally be good to go after reconfiguring.

Cheers!

• Daniel

Daniel - 2005-05-04

I downloaded and installed libncurses5-dev, and it solved that particular problem. The next one I came up againt was about libcursor.so. I installed libxcursor-dev, ran autogen, configure, and make, and the error still occured:

Making all in lgt
      make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/lgt'
      /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -o lgt  lgt-char.o lgt-do_options.o lgt-error.o lgt-execshell.o lgt-fb.o lgt-getfont.o lgt-glob.o lgt-grid_rotate.o lgt-hmenu.o lgt-ir.o lgt-lgt.o lgt-lgt_db.o lgt-mat_db.o lgt-octree.o lgt-prnt.o lgt-reflect.o lgt-sgi_dep.o lgt-strtok.o lgt-texture.o lgt-trie.o ../../src/librt/librt.la ../../src/libfb/libfb.la ../../src/libtermio/libtermio.la ../../src/libcursor/libcursor.la
      gcc -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fPIC -g -o .libs/lgt lgt-char.o lgt-do_options.o lgt-error.o lgt-execshell.o lgt-fb.o lgt-getfont.o lgt-glob.o lgt-grid_rotate.o lgt-hmenu.o lgt-ir.o lgt-lgt.o lgt-lgt_db.o lgt-mat_db.o lgt-octree.o lgt-prnt.o lgt-reflect.o lgt-sgi_dep.o lgt-strtok.o lgt-texture.o lgt-trie.o  -L/usr/X11R6/lib ../../src/librt/.libs/librt.so ../../src/libfb/.libs/libfb.so ../../src/libtermio/.libs/libtermio.so ../../src/libcursor/.libs/libcursor.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/brlcad/lib
      ../../src/libcursor/.libs/libcursor.so: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
      ../../src/libcursor/.libs/libcursor.so: undefined reference to `tgoto'
      ../../src/libcursor/.libs/libcursor.so: undefined reference to `tputs'
      ../../src/libcursor/.libs/libcursor.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'
      ../../src/libcursor/.libs/libcursor.so: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make[2]: *** [lgt] Error 1
      make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/lgt'

• Sean Morrison

That is our libcursor that's missing the curses symbols.  I think you're there, you just have leftover objects in the way:

./autogen.sh
        ./configure
        make clean
        make

The make clean is, of course, the important step in your instance so that when you do the make, it really is starting clean.

• Daniel

Daniel - 2005-05-04

I ran ./autogen.sh, ./configure, make clean, and make, and came up against the following error:

Making all in tclscripts
      make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/tclscripts'
      ../../src/bwish/btclsh ../../src/tclscripts/ampi.tcl ../../src/tclscripts
      /home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/bwish/.libs/lt-btclsh: error while loading shared libraries: libbn.so.19: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      make[2]: *** [pkgIndex.tcl] Error 127
      make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dgreisen/brlcad-7.2.2/src/tclscripts'

Looking through the installed packages, I had tcl8.4, so I installed tcl8.4-dev. I then ran ./autogen.sh again, and this time it failed, with messages like:

/usr/share/aclocal/tcl.m4:228: warning: underquoted definition of SC_LOAD_TCLCONFIG

and

configure:34233: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_HAVE_HEADERS
      configure:34654: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_TRY_CPP
      configure:35711: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_STRUCT_TIMEZONE
      ERROR: autoconf failed

Do I need to use an older version of tcl? My other options for packages are 8.0 and 8.3

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2005-05-06

Hrm, this seems like a step backwards and it should not have been.  If you can join #bzflag on irc.freenode.net, I can help you interactively and hopefully/probably in a much much shorter amount of time instead of this message ping pong.  You need an IRC client (like an instant messaging client, but instead of person to person, it's designed for multiuser "rooms") and you can use http://irc.brlcad.org to try to access via a web browser.  Hang around long enough and I'll respond (feel free to just idle there).

As for this last error, I'm a little bit baffled without seeing the full log.  It made it all the way to the tclscripts directory, yet is complaining that libbu failed to build.  This has nothing to do with your system libtcl/tk, by the way.  Perhaps you could send me the entire build log transcript from autogen through configure and make?  This would do the trick:

./autogen.sh >> build.log 2>&1
        ./configure >> build.log 2>&1
        make >> build.log 2>&1

Then you could mail that log to me (brlcad at users dot sourceforge dot net should work) -- alternatively, hop on IRC and we can interactively figure out just what's going wrong.