resizing gui causes los of sound

Help
2008-03-31
2013-05-23
  • bruce marcus

bruce marcus - 2008-03-31

several emulations lose sound when resizing the gui.

• Nick Copeland

Nick Copeland - 2008-03-31

Hi Bruce,

Is that a permanent loss of sound or just while the GUI is resizing? Bugs are wierd,just as with your other posting here - this one comes in at an unusual moment.

I generally do not resize the GUI. I know they are small and that resizing them generally looked pretty gruesome due to the pixel interpolation algorithm I used. So, in the next release, 0.20.5, there is an additional option called '-aliastype pre' that will pre-alias the silkscreened text so that it appears more readable when the window size is increased. It's still an antialiasing algorithm so there is a fair degree of blurring but the results are a big improvement.

So, as a part of that release I will be doing a lot more resizing and will watch out for loss of sound.

Have you tried the usual possibilities? Turning the Volume controls may help (the engine and GUI occasionally get out of sync) and also try reselecting the MIDI channel, you might find that the GUI is working on Channel-1 and the engine listening on Channel-2. I have seen that before but it is very intermittent so may not yet have been fixed.

Regards,
      Nick.

• Nick Copeland

Nick Copeland - 2008-03-31

Opened a bug in the tracker for this, id 1930125. Needs to be fixed before the next release due to the prealiasing feature being exactly for improvements to the window resizing, hence if that resizing fails then the feature is useless.

Details are in the tracker, fix should be in 0.20.5.

• Nick Copeland

Nick Copeland - 2008-04-01

Resolution has been integrated into the code and will be released with 0.20.5 sometime later in April. If you want an early code release I can work on that, just let me know as it would help to confirm the resolution.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks