Mono mode/Documentation?

Andrew C
2009-03-06
2013-05-23
  • Andrew C

Andrew C - 2009-03-06

Hey Nick,

Just wondering, are there any plans to improve/change the current monophonic note logic to include both High Note Priority and Low Note Priority? So you could trill between any note, regardless of whether or not it is above or below a note currently being played?

Also, when I right click inside the GUI, a box comes up with a red outline, what's the purpose of this?

One other thing, I was considering, perhaps, writing up some documentation for the Bristol Polysix operation (I've spent some time with it now, and I feel fairly confident about most of its functions). But I think i'd be just re-writing the manual of the original polysix.

But I dunno, maybe it'd be an idea to have a sort of 'introduction to synthesis' or something on the site? You may not agree with me, but when I first discovered Bristol, I was just randomly trying to get stuff to work, I sort of found the GUIs intimidating. :-P

Thanks,

Andrew Coughlan

• Nick Copeland

Nick Copeland - 2009-03-06

I did not have plans to implement any other form of note logic other than high or low (and polyphonic assigned with a single voice). You are looking for a full note stack where a trill is done back to the previous key that was played. I would have to think about this, it does not follow high note or low note logic. As far as I know this was not a feature of any of the monophonics which is what I was trying to emulate and it would require some changes to the code. A part of what you want is already there (a bit buggy maybe) since I do actually keep a note stack as well as a separate note map. The stack is used for the argeggiator.

The box that 'pops up' is going to be a menu but I have no idea when I will make this happen. Perhaps I should remove the link for now.

The Polysix and the Memory Moog both miss a page on the website outlining what they do and I was kind of looking to put together the same kind of page I have for the rest of the synths. The idea of an introduction perhaps does make sense. Have you ever had a look at the original ARP 2600 manuals? They did go through different features going from normal patches through to alternative signal paths. Perhaps more complex that it would have to be for an introduction but a good start.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks