B3 out of tune

dadaprod
2008-09-25
2013-05-23
  • dadaprod

dadaprod - 2008-09-25

First of all, thanks for the work.. I just have installed the last version on studio64 distribution

I am first experimenting with the B3 emulation and I am wondering why the software is out of tune ? the C sounds like a E, but not exactely as playing chords sound really strange in an already made song..

• Nick Copeland

Nick Copeland - 2008-09-25

The most common cause of this is a difference in the system sampling rates. For example, if the audio drivers are configured for 48kHz and bristol has its default of 44.1kHz then the difference would be about C->E. At the moment I do not have an automated resolution of this issue, it has to be solved manually.

Jack will typically default to 48K so you may need to start bristol with the -samplerate 48000 to make this work. There are ways this could be automated however the solution is not very clean so has not been done yet. If this is the cause it happens because bristol needs to configure its MIDI interface to talk to the GUI before it activates its audio interface, hence the internal MIDI mapping tables may have been defined using the wrong samplerate.

I cannot rule out other causes but this was the previous reason for the error. I will make a point to look at the B3 tuning with respect to the Mini 'A440' switch with my ALSA drivers since I know they run at 44.1kHz (note that the A440 from the MIni is also out of tune if the sample rates are mismatched).

Kind regards,

Nick.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks