Menu

Time for an update?

Ben Finney
2001-12-24
2001-12-29
  • Ben Finney

Ben Finney - 2001-12-24

The development of bplog, from the vantage point of this outsider, seems to have slowed.  bplog-0.5.8 was released over three months ago, and many grand changes (not least the templates system which I'm looking forward to) have only shown their face in the CVS source.

The home page hasn't seen an announcement since mid-November.  The CVS tarballs seem to be updated daily, but the last change I can find in the source was several weeks ago.  Is it time to release a new version so there's more incentive to bang on it some more?

A little note on how development is going would be appreciated.  Regardless, thanks heaps for bplog!

• Chris Gushue

Chris Gushue - 2001-12-29

Yeah, things have slowed a little for now. Both myself and revjim have been busy/lazy lately. There are a few things that need to be done or cleaned up before I make another release - including documentation, and making the other visible pages use templates as well (addnews/edit/admin).

The CVS tarball is updated daily automatically, so that doesn't necessarily mean there are any source changes. Watch the ChangeLog for that :)

I don't want to make a release while things are still being changed around... hopefully soon though.