Menu

Running Programs with locales other then english

2017-11-16
2017-11-18
  • jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller - 2017-11-16

Is there a working method for running programs which require other locales? Specificly when using the emscripten version.
    I have tried editing the initial setup function and adding env variables as shown below

var initialSetup = function(){ console.log("running initial setup"); ENV.LANG="ja_JP"; ENV.LC_MESSAGES="ja_JP"; ENV.LC_ALL="ja_JP"; Module["addRunDependency"]("setupBoxedWine"); if(storageMode === STORAGE_DROPBOX){ startBtn.textContent = "Login"; startBtn.disabled = false; startBtn.style.display = ""; }else{ initFileSystem(); } };

And editing the registry files but both attempts have been futile.

Last edit: jfmherokiller 2017-11-16
  • Kevin O'Dwyer

Kevin O'Dwyer - 2017-11-16

Hi,
    At the moment you cannot modify the linux env props via the emscripten shell code.
    A workaround would be to modify /sdl/main.c and add it to the list of env props set there:
    ppenv[envc++] = "HOME=/home/username"

You can pass a .bat file in the url as &p=commands.bat. This will allow you to set Windows/DOS environment vars.

• jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller - 2017-11-16

how do i go about compiling that once i make the change since im on mac not windows or linux.

Nvm i just figured out how to compile it using your build scripts (10:51am Central time 16/11/17)

It seems the latest version from the svn trunk(as of 5:23PM CST 16/11/17) will not run correctly when compiled in emscripten mode. It throws an exception and just fills the memory till it crashes.

an example of the issue can be seen here http://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmRHsXEDds49hqECr3UQ6Ya5A66LgGDiDSdcykQDYSwQnQ/boxedwine.html?app=chomp&p=chomp.exe

Last edit: jfmherokiller 2017-11-17
  • Kevin O'Dwyer

Kevin O'Dwyer - 2017-11-18

Yes, i’m having issues running latest on mac too.
    svn version 560 seems to be the last one i could run successfully in emscripten. For the moment you could use that version. go to the code tab and commit history, find 560 and then ‘browse code at this revision’ and then choose download snapshot.