This is a work in progress release. As the Bossa development increased considerably in the last month, we wanted to give a taste of what's coming.
New to this release is the notification infrastructure (the notification bus) and a new way to create a Bossa engine. We are moving toward the integration of historical workflow data, and that should land in the next release.
Bossa is a workflow engine written in Java. The engine is very fast and lightweight, uses a very expressive Petri net notation to define workflows, does not requires a RDBMS and is very simple to use and to integrate with java applications.
Actually, it was *designed* to be embedded. Therefore, Bossa is organized as a library to be used by server side applications (especially web oriented ones) that need workflow services.
Bossa 0.4.0 "Maple Leaf", 2003-11-06
* Updated internally to the Prevayler 2.0 API.
* Added internal notification of events through a notification bus, with filtering based on event type and affected resource.
* Notified the main bossa events to the notification bus.
* Added the option of a transient Bossa that could be embedded in prevalent systems.
* Added a Bossa factory to help configure your Bossa instance.
* Documentation and javadoc fixes.
Log in to post a comment.