Menu

Removing Menu Bar and Address Bar

Help
KingLib
2006-06-26
2013-04-15
  • KingLib

KingLib - 2006-06-26

Ideally I just want the icons of back, Forward, Reload, Stop and Home to be visible.

Is it possible for the URL address to be removed from the Navigatoin bar and Menu bar (File, Edit, Print) to be completely removed?

Thanks

• David Collie

David Collie - 2006-06-27

Yes, this is possible by editting the 'userChrome.css' file.  There is some documentation in the Wiki,http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/twiki/bin/view/Linux/KioskSetup, on setting this up.

You'll want to add a line like

#adddres-bar { display: none important; }

• RichardR

RichardR - 2007-01-14

I'm looking for a way to remove the menu bar.  But here's how I removed the address bar:

You need to modify the file localstore.rdf located in the folder usr/share/booth/guest/.mozilla/firefox/c2d9ocbh.default

In the file, search for the text "urlbar" (there's only one occurrence).  You will find this tag:

<RDF:description
        RDF:about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#nav-bar"  currentset="back-button,forward-button,reload-button,stop-button,home-button,urlbar-container" />

Remove the ",urlbar-container" portion of the tag.  That will do the trick.

Richard

• KingLib

KingLib - 2006-06-27

Thanks David,

Its a great package.

• dpkirton

dpkirton - 2006-07-11

hi

did you manage to do this as i cannot login to the above website.

if you can post a copy of the code i would be very greatfull

thanks

dan k

• David Collie

David Collie - 2006-07-11

You should be able to login to the Wiki with the TWikiGuest account.  Also, there's a comma at the end of the URL which should not be there.