Menu

Browser.jar?

Help
billunger
2006-04-20
2013-04-15
  • billunger

billunger - 2006-04-20

I need to customize the bookmarksPanel.xul in browser.jar to prevent drag/drop, but can't seem to get my changes to work.  I modified browser.jar.cust in the usr/share/booth directory (created from the booth-0.3.7.dsl file), but the changes didn't seem to take.  Any ideas?

• David Collie

David Collie - 2006-04-21

Place the customized browser.jar manually in the Firefox chrome directory and not just in the /usr/share/booth directory.  That should ensure it's loaded properly.

• billunger

billunger - 2006-04-21

I don't see where the Firefox chrome directory is located or how to get to it....

• billunger

billunger - 2006-04-28

Anyone?  Bueller... Bueller... Bueller

• David Collie

David Collie - 2006-05-03

The directory you want to modify is located in the booth.dsl archive on the root of the cd image.  After unpacking the .dsl archive there is a file, 'usr/share/booth/guest.tar.gz'.  Unpack the archive.
        In the unpacked directory the chrome directory is located under the '.mozilla/firefox' directory.

• David Collie

David Collie - 2006-05-03

Sorry, scratch the previous instructions.  I re-read your post.  The chrome directory you're looking for is on the .iso image.  If you look in '/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/chrome' you should see the files you want.

• billunger

billunger - 2006-05-03

I actually ended up remastering the CD to change out the browser.jar file... and oh what fun I had!  :-)

thanks for the help!
      Bill