Menu

wav to mp3 instructions

Simon
2014-06-16
2014-06-17
  • Simon

Simon - 2014-06-16

On the home page it states

"fre:ac converts freely between all supported formats. No matter if you need WMA to MP3, MP3 to WAV, M4A to MP3, WAV to MP3 or any other conversion, fre:ac supports any combination of formats."

Can you please point me to the instructions on how to do this.

When I try to open a directory wav files to convert I get the error "Error: Unsupported audio format"

Last edit: Simon 2014-06-16
  • Robert Kausch

Robert Kausch - 2014-06-16

fre:ac 1.0.21a supports only uncompressed WAV files. That covers about 99% of all files, but there are some that use some kind of compression.

fre:ac snapshots should be able to open and process your WAV files.

After you added them to the joblist, make sure you selected the LAME MP3 encoder (it should be selected by default) and click the "Start encoding process" toolbar button (the third from the right) to convert them to MP3.

If desired, you can set several options in the configuration dialog. There is no extensive documentation available at this point, however. A simple ripping guide and a "How to?" section are available from the Help menu, though (Help->Contents->...).

• Simon

Simon - 2014-06-17

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess my wav files must be the unsupported kind.

If I drag and drop them on the joblist I get the error shown in my first post.

• Robert Kausch

Robert Kausch - 2014-06-17

Did you try fre:ac snapshot 20140609?

If so and it cannot open the file, you could add it as an attachment here or send it to info(at)freac.org for analysis.