No Convert, Just Sort?

2009-03-08
2012-10-06
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I am mainly using BonkEnc as a sorter for mp3's I have laying around on my desktop(Not to mention CD Ripping). I am extremely happy with this program and I really appreciate the effort that goes into it. My question:

Is there any encoder/encoder option to do no converting/encoding, just sort files into folders based on Artist Name etc?

Would there be any way for me to configure a current encoder to do this, or will i need to download a new coder config of some sort? Or, would you need todo something on the development end?
    There are no good tools(at least easy ones) for file sorting without converting that I have found.Currently I have to simply set LAME to insane quality and que my music up!

Thanks in advance,
    Ross

• Nobody/Anonymous

Forgot on the post above,
      Is there a way of sorting such that it eliminates dublicity and, at least, re-rips the better file and deletes the others. I have come across different files ripped with different programs that were set up differently. As I am trying to clean out my files, I have come across instances where I have apparently ripped an album more than once at different fidelity and they were in different hard drives.
      Finally, is there a memory limit to the number of files or total MB that Bonkenc can handle. On avg, it seems to crash at between 1000 and 1300 files. All files being re-ripped are mp3

• Robert Kausch

Robert Kausch - 2009-03-11

Hi, sorting files without encoding is not possible with BonkEnc, yet. However, it sounds like a really good idea, so I will try to add it. I put this feature on my to do list.

Regards,
      Robert

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks a ton for the response! I really appreciate it. If anyone else knows if there is any app that can satisfy this need in the meantime, let me know.

Thanks again,
      Ross

• Nobody/Anonymous

Wow, I was thinking the same thing. I am "re-coding" right now and also ran into this problem (http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3280397&forum_id=390599)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks