Bochs is a highly portable open source IA-32 (x86) PC emulator
written in C++, that runs on most popular platforms. It includes
emulation of the Intel x86 CPU, common I/O devices, and a custom
BIOS. Currently, Bochs can be compiled to emulate a 386, 486,
Pentium/PentiumII/PentiumIII/Pentium4 or x86-64 CPU, including optional
MMX, SSEx and 3DNow! instructions. Bochs is capable of running
most Operating Systems inside the emulation, for example Linux, DOS,
Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP or Windows Vista.
Brief summary of changes:
Bochs repository moved to the SVN version control !
! Fully configurable CPU to emulate with a single .bochsrc option !
- 10% (ST) to 50% (SMP) CPU emulation speedup !
- Implemented support for new x86 ISA extensions, Bochs is aligned with
latest published Intel Architecture Manual (rev 040, AVX rev 011):
- XSAVEOPT, AVX/AVX2/FMA/F16C, BMI1/BMI2, SMEP, INVPCID, TSC-Deadline
- VMX: VMX Preemption Timer, Pause Loop Exiting and VM Functions
- Implemented support for AMD SSE4A/XOP/FMA4/TBM instruction sets
- Networking: introduced new networking module 'slirp'
- Harddrive: fixed buffer overflow causing Bochs crash in LBA48 mode
- VGA: Added PCI ROM support to cirrus and pcivga and moved ROM loading
for the ISA case to the vga code (SeaBIOS now usable by Bochs)
- Sound: ported ES1370 soundcard emulation from Qemu
- Continuing configure rework, check for more removed configure and .bochsrc
options and their replacements !
- LGPL'd VGABIOS updated to version 0.7a
Log in to post a comment.