Changing Tab traversal order.

Help
2004-11-08
2013-05-01
  • F.A. Pinkse

F.A. Pinkse - 2004-11-08

Hello All,

A know fact the tab traversal order is dependent on the order of creation of the controls.
    While searching for a way to change the tab traversal order I discovered that Boa can do this.
    Go to the Designer select the control you want to have as the first in the traversal order and hit the ' recreate selection' button of the Inspector Window, that is the one with the two rotating arrows. When Boa finishes the selected control is at the bottom of the list. Now select the next control in your tab traversal order, hit the button, etc until done.

It seems labor intensive but it is safe, I feel it is a lot more safer than cut and paste in the code to change the order in which the control are declared.

btw. I did this in BOA 0.2.8.

With best regards,

Frans.

• Werner F. Bruhin

What about using your right mouse button?!

On the designer, select e.g. your panel which has many controls, click right mouse, select last option "Creation/Tab order" and move things around to your liking.

See you
      Werner

• F.A. Pinkse

F.A. Pinkse - 2004-11-09

Hello Werner,

Do I have one?:-) (joking)

Whaauw, thanks. I was totally focussed on my little discovery and forgot to look in 'other' places too.
      Having seen your suggestion I feel stupid.
      But what the heck big improvements have their roots in big mistakes.:-)
      Boa is still great stuff, so from time to time I will post stupid things.:-)).

With best regards.

Frans.

• Werner F. Bruhin

Hope you found it! :-)

I think that no idea is stupid, their are only good ones and not so good ones.

I like Boa a lot too, just wish Riaan would be able to spend more time on it or find some good developers who could help him moving it forward - I for one would love to start working on wxPython 2.5 in the near future.

See you
        Werner

• F.A. Pinkse

F.A. Pinkse - 2004-11-10

Yes, the mouse is found to be in perfect health.

Although I know some programming I am afraid it is not sufficient for a project such as this.

Maybe we could offer to extend the Help file or even to write a proper manual.

With best regards.

Frans.