SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Redhat 9. Boa. Cannot run it.

Help
Anonymous
2004-02-11
2004-02-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-02-11

Hello - I am very new to Python et al.
    I want to see Boa in action and I downloaded wxPython and compiled it - there seemed to be no errors. I ran the demos and they work fine too.
    When I unzip Boa and python it, I get:
    from wxPython.ogl import *
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/ogl.py", line 2, in ?
    import oglc
    ImportError: No module named oglc

Do I need OpenGL to run Boa? If so, where do I get it from as there seem to be so many kinds of GL...

Any help would be great (detailed help... :) ), right now I do python in a text editor and Boa is not even in the picture.

(I also tried Eric and pyQt but that bombed in similar style: Install X, install Y, install ERIC - tells me to re-install Y: Which took over an hour to compile in the first place! No help, no forums, no email address - so they lose a potential user.)

Thanks
    B.

• Riaan Booysen

Riaan Booysen - 2004-02-16

As noted in another message, the OGL library (nothing to do with OpenGL) needs to be built when wxPython is built.

Please see the wxPython readme for compiling as it contains all the info you need.

Cheers,
      Riaan.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-02-18

I checked my wxPython build (setup.py) and "BUILD_OGL" is set to 1 (true) and it builds without complaint.

I then run the wPython demos and they all work...

Can you explain what OGL is and what BOA needs it for?
      I don't see any further help about this on wxPython's site.

I am sorry to bother you with this, but wxPython is integral to BOA; so hope you could help...?

• Riaan Booysen

Riaan Booysen - 2004-02-19

Hi,

You probably didn't check *all* the wxPython demos, specifically you should check the OGL demo in the wxPython demo.
      It's under Miscellaneous ->wxOGL.

Boa uses OGL for the UML and Import views.

I don't know why OGL is not built for you.

You can remove this from Boa, but it would be better to find out the real reason why OGL doesn't build.

To remove OGL support from Boa, open Models/PythonControllers.py, remove OGLViews from the import list and remove all the references starting with OGLViews.*

HTH,
      Riaan.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-02-20

Thanks for the help - I went back to wxPython and looked inside setup.py. It seems I got confused by GLcanvas and OGL, since the names are so similar... I recompiled with GLcanvas turned off and OGL on and now it all works!
      I am very excited, BOA looks damn good at first glance.

Thanks again.