wxCLOSE_BOX

Help
2006-05-11
2013-05-01
  • James Stone

James Stone - 2006-05-11

Any chance of adding wxCLOSE_BOX as a property for wx.frame? It seems to be missing (had to add it in manually).

James

• Werner F. Bruhin

Hi James,

Boa by default creates frames with "wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE" style which shows the close box.  At least for me.

I am on:
      # Python 2.4.1 (#65, Mar 30 2005, 09:13:57) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
      # wxPython 2.6.3.2, Boa Constructor 0.4.4

What is your configuration?

Werner

• Anonymous - 2006-05-26

Hi friends,

As James said, wx.CLOSE_BOX is invisible in Inspector window. I also could not find a way to add it from IDE, only manually adding the string " | wx.CLOSE_BOX" to the generated code.

wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE is equal to "wx.MAXIMIZE_BOX | wx.MINIMIZE_BOX | wx.RESIZE_BORDER |
      wx.SYSTEM_MENU | wx.CAPTION | wx.CLOSE_BOX" by the way, which is the default frame created.

Caglar

• Werner F. Bruhin

Caglar and James,

Either I don't understand what your problem is or I don't see in my setup.

What is your setup (OP system, versions of Python, wxPython and Boa)?

Can you post a small sample program showing the problem on the gmane list (as attachement please!).

gmane.comp.ide.boa-constructor.user

See you
        Werner

• Anonymous - 2006-05-26

Hi,

My current configuration:
      Windows XP
      Python 2.4.2
      Boa Constructor 0.4.4
      wxPython 2.6.2.1

The context code:
          def _init_ctrls(self, prnt):
              # generated method, don't edit
              wx.Frame.__init__(self, id=wxID_FRMSEFILDOWNLOAD,
                    name=u'frmSefilDownload', parent=prnt, pos=wx.Point(56, 80),
                    size=wx.Size(618, 489),
                    style=wx.SYSTEM_MENU | wx.SIMPLE_BORDER | wx.MINIMIZE_BOX | wx.MINIMIZE | wx.CAPTION | wx.STATIC_BORDER | wx.CLOSE_BOX,
                    title=u'sefilDownloader')
              self._init_utils()

The code above is generated by Boa Constructor, except wx.CLOSE_BOX, which I had to add manually.
      Because it does not show up in Boa's Inspector Window, so I can not click on it.

To simulate the problem;
      create a wx.Frame, its style will be wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE by default.
      It will have a CLOSE_BOX too.

Then, set wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE as False and wx.STATIC_BORDER as True.
      After this point, I could not see wx.CLOSE_BOX in Inspector Window to turn it on.
      Other styles in the line

style=wx.SYSTEM_MENU | wx.SIMPLE_BORDER | wx.MINIMIZE_BOX | wx.MINIMIZE | wx.CAPTION | wx.STATIC_BORDER | wx.CLOSE_BOX

except wx.CLOSE_BOX are clickable, but you can not set wx.CLOSE_BOX to True since it does not show up in GUI Builder.

So, as a solution, I edited the generated line
      style=wx.SYSTEM_MENU | wx.SIMPLE_BORDER | wx.MINIMIZE_BOX | wx.MINIMIZE | wx.CAPTION | wx.STATIC_BORDER,
      and added  "| wx.CLOSE_BOX" manually.

The problem is with Boa Constructor GUI Builder, not the code.

Thank you very much.
      See you

Caglar

• Werner F. Bruhin

Hi Caglar,

I just didn't understand, sorry.

If you just want to remove a style you might want to use:
        style=wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE ^ wx.MINIMIZE_BOX

Note the "^".

Now to the real problem, will just have to tell Riaan off! He missed a style :).

If you want to patch Boa  change on line 105 of FrameCompanions.py in Boa/Companions to:

self.windowStyles = ['wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE', 'wx.ICONIZE',
                      'wx.MINIMIZE', 'wx.MAXIMIZE', 'wx.STAY_ON_TOP', 'wx.SYSTEM_MENU',
                      'wx.RESIZE_BORDER', 'wx.FRAME_FLOAT_ON_PARENT',
                      'wx.FRAME_TOOL_WINDOW', 'wx.CLOSE_BOX '] + self.windowStyles

I.e. add wx.CLOSE_BOX, then restart Boa.

The above works, but I am not 100% sure if it is the best place to patch, but I am sure Riaan see this and correct me if I am wrong and/or apply it to the next version.

See you
        Werner

• Anonymous - 2006-05-27

Hi Werner,

Thanks for the info about ^ in "style=wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE ^ wx.MINIMIZE_BOX", it is very useful. So I don't have to select 5-6 styles.

Also, I have changed the line 105 in FrameCompanions.py as you said, and it worked perfectly well. :)

Thanks four all your help and effort. :)
      See you
      Caglar