newbie question on wxgrid...works in Boa?

Help
JohnB
2004-09-24
2013-05-01
  • JohnB

JohnB - 2004-09-24

Hello.  Can anyone tell me if Boa works with wxgrid?  Does anyone have a simple example they can send (not the example that comes with wxpython...it does not have the same structure as code written with Boa).  What I want to do is cut and paste the code for the example wxgrid into my Boa-generated code. 

Or, maybe you can just set me straight.  I am quite new to python and am trying my hand at a very simple application.  I have used Boa to create a simple application that has a notebook frame containing a two tabed frames.  I would like to place a wxGrid on each tab.  The wxPython package contains examples for wxGrid, but I dont know how to merge the Boa code with the example code.  How does one alter the example code for say the GridDragable.py file to make it work in a Boa created frame structure.  I tried adding the following few commands to the main program, but that didnt work (the frames work, but no grid is shown on them):

log = open('test.log', 'w')
    grid1 = wxFrame1.DragableGrid(application.main.grid1,log)
    grid2 = wxFrame1.DragableGrid(application.main.grid2,log)
    log.close()

I can send the entire code if it would be useful.  Any help would be appreciated.  Im sure it is a simple problem, but I am so new at this.  Thanks.  John

• Werner F. Bruhin

Hi John,

I assume you are the same chap as over on the wxPython list?

See you
      Werner

• JohnB

JohnB - 2004-09-25

Yes, Werner, I am one in the same.  Thanks again for your helpful suggestions.  For any other newbies having trouble with getting wxGrid to work with Boa, Werner gave a very useful example on the wxPython list and I added some comments.  John

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks