Todo view

2003-09-27
2004-08-21
  • Werner F. Bruhin

Is it possible to configure Boa so the "Todo" tab either always shows or even better shows if there are "Todo's" in the file?

See you
    Werner

• Riaan Booysen

Riaan Booysen - 2003-10-08

Hi Werner,

No it's not configureable at the moment, although it's very easy to change in the source code.

In Models/PythonControllers.py goto the ModuleController class.
      At the top of the class are two list attributes
      DefaultViews and AdditionalViews.

Just move EditorViews.ToDoView from additional to the default list.

Cheers,
      Riaan.

• Werner F. Bruhin

Riaan,

Any chance that the Todo view tab has some indication that there are todo's on it?

Just in case your todo list is empty!

See you
        Werner

• Riaan Booysen

Riaan Booysen - 2003-11-04

Hi Werner,

The Todo tab menu and tab page rely on generic IDE functionality. As this is not a generic feature it can not be supported.

I do plan a grander todo view from the Application module. From there a list of all files with Todos makes more sense.

I'll add this as a Feature request.

Riaan.

• Werner F. Bruhin

Your idea is much better then mine.  This way one can easily see what needs to be done in one place!

BTW, I added the flexgrid bug on SourceForge.  What about enabling at least two categories, e.g. "Bug" and "Enhancement request"?

See you
        Werner

• Tim Black

Tim Black - 2004-08-21

I'm a Python newbie...just wondering how to write TODO: or XXX comments so that Boa recognizes their respective levels of urgency.  Thanks!

Also, I'm writing a Windows Notepad clone using Boa, using the Boa tutorial as its starting point, and am trying to make its GUI appearance and functionality absolutely indistinguishable from the Windows original.  If you could use the code to extend your tutorial when I'm done, let me know.

Tim

• Tim Black

Tim Black - 2004-08-21

Oops...the answer's in the Boa help files.  Sorry!