how alive is this project?

Bas
2004-07-11
2013-05-01
  • Bas

Bas - 2004-07-11

I know that my question comes across as rather negative or at least as impatient so I apologise for that.

It is just that browsing the CVS repository it looks like the most recent changes are 6 months old (at least that's what it looks like at first glance, I admit that I haven't checked every file) and that made me wonder about the aliveness of this project. It would be a shame to let such a great project die.

So is there anybody out there who can reassure me about ongoing boa development  or is boa's future looking rather dim?

• Werner F. Bruhin

I am using Boa now for a bit over a year and am very happy with the improvements I have seen over that time.

Just the other day I updated (which I do about once a month) my version from CVS and there were at least two or three files updated.

Some time ago Riaan was mentioned that he is working on getting 0.3 out and then would start working on a version for wxPython 2.5, but it looks like he has had not as much time available for Boa as he hoped for.

You might also want to subscribe to:

gmane.comp.ide.boa-constructor.user

Riaan has been a bit quit over the last few weeks, so I hope this is a good sign - hoping that he worked on Boa!

See you
      Werner

• Anonymous - 2004-09-08

In addition to the items in this forum, check out this link:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/CurrentVersion

Definite progress!

• Thomax G.

Thomax G. - 2009-04-20

hello again.

the last changes are about 2 years ago. is there a successor project going on?

thanx

• Werner F. Bruhin

Please note that this project has for the last years (I think I started using it with 0.3) always gone in phases.

There has been no release since 0.6.1 but it is still being maintained, i.e. critical corrections and/or patches provided have been applied.

What are you looking for that is missing?  Is it something you could provide a patch for so it will make it quicker into Boa?

FYI, I know that Riaan is working on new stuff, but I do not know where he stands with it and when he will be ready for a new release.

Werner