libbluetooth.so.2 missing on Ubuntu 8.10

Loek
2008-12-16
2013-04-22
  • Loek

Loek - 2008-12-16

I've installed bluezync4thunderbird 0.16 on Ubuntu 8.10. I resolved the missing libxpcom.so by installing libxul-dev  but now I'm stuck.
    ldd libBlueZync.so  still tells me libbluetooth.so.2 => not found

libbluetooth.so.3 is installed and normal bluetooth connections are going fine. Trying to install so.2 alongside with the package manager throws an error:

libbluetooth2:
    Package libbluetooth2 has no available version, but exists in the database.
    This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents of sources.list

Maybe that's not advisable anyway?

How should I continue? Will a bluezync built from source work with libbluetooth.so.3 ?

Thanks for any advice!
    Loek

• KaarPoSoft

KaarPoSoft - 2008-12-17

Hi,
      I would not try to try any further to get blueZync 0.16 to work on Ubuntu 8.10.
      Current SVN "should" work with Ubuntu 8.10, although I have only tried with 8.04.
      /Henrik

• Loek

Loek - 2008-12-19

Should the SVN build work with calendar version 0.8 or even 0.9, or should I stick to 0.7 as mentioned here? http://www.kaarposoft.dk/bluezync/compatibility.html

Thanks,
        Loek

• KaarPoSoft

KaarPoSoft - 2008-12-19

Hi,
          blueZync SVN should work with 0.7 or 0.8, but NOT 0.9.
          So, install calendar 0.7 or 0.8, and compile blueZync.
          At runtime, blueZync will work with the calendar version it was compiled for.
          /Henrik

• KaarPoSoft

KaarPoSoft - 2008-12-30

Hi,
            Latest version out of SVN should now support Sunbird/Lightning 0.9.
            /Henrik

• Loek

Loek - 2008-12-18

Henrik,

Thanks for your reply. I will try building bluezync from svn and report back here later.

Loek

• Peter Ho

Peter Ho - 2009-07-19

I have the same problem as loek as libbluetooth.so.2 is missing. I have lightning 0.9 installed. and I followed the instructions at http://bluezync.kaarposoft.dk/0.1.6/manual.html#manual_installation

ldconfig -p | grep bluetooth                                                                                                     
              libbluetooth.so.3 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.

Any suggestion how I can solve this. Should I build it and not use the package provided. If so how can I remove the existing installation.

Thanks

Peter

• Harri

Harri - 2009-07-28

I have the same problem. I don't have libbluetooth.so.2 but libbluetooth.so.3. And I'm missing libxpcom.so
        What to do?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks