.users file, what is what...

Shaun
2003-09-03
2013-04-25
  • Shaun

Shaun - 2003-09-03

I am trying to setup blootbot and am having a lot of trouble.  Seams the only docs are the source :).

Here's my Q's.  I dont want blootbot to learn from anybody mainly because people abuse it.  I would like to allow only certian users the ability to teach bloat bot.  At the moment i'm having a hard time figuring out what all the flags mean.

Examples would be great!  I'm a understand better by seams examples.  I would like to give "guests" asking access only, and give authenticated users teach perms.  Thanks.

• Anonymous - 2007-03-13

Actually, if you browse svn, there is a checkout available for a docs branch, buts its rather unorganized atm it seems. I havent really had a chance to look at it, but that may give you some insight. Perhaps it can be moved into the main trunk at some point and cleaned up.

If you dont want your bot to learn from anyone, you can chattr the "_default" user. By default its +amrt, so remove the "mtr" flags in your case. Then they should only be able to ask factoids. The newest svn rev should have a "help flags" command to explain each one to save trips to the source.

>!chattr _default -mrt

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks