paholei - 2006-11-24

Hi-

I have 2 problems I am hoping to get some help with.

I'm trying to build a static version of Blitz++ on a Cray XT3 using the configure flag --disable-shared.  Also I am cross compiling with --host=cray.  The compiler I am using is gnu.  (I tried to use the PG compiler but experienced inconsistant and inexplicable nan problems).

The first problem I encounter is make install fails because it cannot find blitz/gnu/bzconfig.h.  The configure script produced a blitz/cray/bzconfig.h but make install wants to use the gnu version.  So I copied a gnu/bzconfig.h from another machine. 
Problem Number one: Anyone know what the correct solution is?

Then the make installl fails because it tries to link to lgcc_s. The --disable-shared didn't prevent this. I added the environmental variable AM_LDFLAGS='-all-static' but get this error:

make[3]: Entering directory `/ufs/home/maui/cindy/OPT/blitz-0.9/doc/stencils'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link CC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../..   -h instantiate=used -Dstenciltoapply=central12 \         -Dstencilargs=A,1 -o dump-stencil dump-stencil.cpp -L../../lib -lblitz
CC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../.. -h instantiate=used -Dstenciltoapply=central12 -Dstencilargs=A,1 -o dump-stencil dump-stencil.cpp  -L/home/maui/cindy/OPT/blitz-0.9/lib /home/maui/cindy/OPT/blitz-0.9/lib/.libs/libblitz.a /opt/gcc-catamount/3.3/lib64/../lib64/libg2c.so /opt/gcc-catamount/3.3/lib64/../lib64/libstdc++.so -L/scratch/users/pcombes/rsbuildenv-src/build_tools/gcc-3.3/x86_64-suse-linux/libstdc++-v3/src -L/scratch/users/pcombes/rsbuildenv-src/build_tools/gcc-3.3/x86_64-suse-linux/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -L/scratch/users/pcombes/rsbuildenv-src/build_tools/gcc-3.3/gcc -lgcc_s -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/gcc-catamount/3.3/lib64/../lib64 -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/gcc-catamount/3.3/lib64/../lib64
/opt/xt-pe/1.4.27/bin/snos64/CC: INFO: catamount target is being used
g++: unrecognized option `-h'
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [central12.texi] Error 1

2. What other steps do I need to take to get the static version built?

Thanks for you help!

Paholei