Avoid the special characters in body?

Help
latha
2012-03-13
2013-05-29
  • latha

latha - 2012-03-13

HI,

How to avoid the special characters like " á "in body message as with this symbols i am not able to send the mails.
    Can Anyone help this please?

Regards,
    Latha.

• Chip

Chip - 2012-03-13

What does your command line look like?

• latha

latha - 2012-03-13

Hi,

Sorry i did not understand your question.

Right now i am trying to forward mails which i am getting to my inbox using BLAT but it is failing to forward the description as the body has some special characters like mentioned above " á ".

How to avoid this special characters?

Regards,
    Latha

• Chip

Chip - 2012-03-13

You mentioned you are trying to forward emails from your inbox, and you are using Blat to forward those emails.  Are you sure you are using BLAT and not The Bat! email program?  Blat is a command line program for sending messages, it does not have an inbox, nor does it have any ability to forward messages from your regular email client's inbox.  If you are using Blat for this, then you should have some way to view the options given to Blat for sending emails.  Blat is able to send any character, including " á ".  You might need to use the option "-8bitmime", or perhaps send those messages as attachments.

The Bat! email program is from http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/

• latha

latha - 2012-03-19

Hi,

I am using BLAT to send mails from outlook to others. How to use -8bitmime in program?
    Please help me to avoid those special characters.

Regards,
    Latha. D

• Chip

Chip - 2012-03-19

If you are using Microsoft Outlook to read emails, but want to use Blat to send emails, I have to ask "Why?"  Let's get beyond the issue of extended characters and find out what you really intend.

What is your purpose for using Blat?  What do you really want Blat to do for you?

To make Blat work with Outlook, how do you tell Outlook to use Blat for sending messages?

If you run Blat yourself, then how are you doing this?

• Chip