How come blind carbon copy isn't working for me?
i think it WAS working, never changed anything, and it suddenly stopped working.
i have two scripts, one for emailing, one for text messages. oddly, the text message script DOES work with -bcc and the emailer one does not. the code is exactly the same, no typos.
everything works with the script except for the -bcc (so emailing works and all the parameters are good).
the only thing i could think of is that the -bcc was getting blocked by our web server before it could send it. but then how come the text message version DOES bcc? arrrgh.
teststring= -tf files\mailtemp.ini -bcc MyBccEmail@work.com -s Urgent -attachi files\temp.ini -f %emailadd%
i removed the smpt settings for obvious reasons :P
and remember, i have a textmessage version of this that DOES work...so i doubt it's the code.
nevermind, it is working...
the reason i thought it wasn't was because the bcc was an address that forwards the email to my email address. the TO address was my email. so technically i SHOULD have gotten 2 emails: 1 from the script, 1 from the forward. for some reason i only get 1 email. i changed the TO email to a different email, not the forward one, and the bcc forwarded the email to my address...
it was all just weird. :O
i would delete this thread but i didn't see anywhere where i could.
Log in to post a comment.