-attachi not attaching inline

2013-04-18
2013-05-29
  • Stephen Hogan

Stephen Hogan - 2013-04-18

Hi all,

Blat 3.1.1 32-bit on 2008R2 to Office365 (through stunnel).

I have an attacht AND attachi parameters set, but the attachments appear both as files; no inline details are provided from the attachi option.

Attachment is a plain-text file.

Could it be an Office365 limitation? (We recently went through an upgrade).

Regards,
    Stephen

• Chip

Chip - 2013-04-19

I just sent an email to my office to check if there exists a problem between Blat 3.1.1 and Outlook 2007.  I will something tomorrow.  My initial thought is that this is something with Office 365, but I can't prove it one way or another since I do not have access to Office 365.  Are you able to read your email with another email client, not Outlook?  Perhaps with Windows Live Mail, or Thunderbird, or The Bat, or Eudora?  If you can, then how does your Blat message appear?

Chip

• Chip

Chip - 2013-04-20

This appears to be an Outlook issue.  My guess is that Microsoft took the position that attachments (inline or otherwise) or _attachments_ and should be flagged as such, rather than showing them as part of the message body, except in the case of embedded attachments (such as image) in HTML emails (aka Rich Text format).

I sent myself some test messages, to work and to home, and Windows Live Mail views inline text files just fine as is they are part of the message body.  Outlook 2007 at my office treated them as strictly attachments, not viewable as inline text.

Chip

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks