When I used mozilla to edit a web page under blackbox
0.65.0, the window manager crashed when I opened a
web page with a very long chinese name.
Then I recompiled the source code and found that the
window manager crashed when the toolbar received a
title which is too long to be printed on the toolbar. It
caused a segmentation fault.
Another discovery is that this error only happens when
the long title contains chinese characters.
Indeed, I had written a patch to cut the given title
string short enough when it is too long. But
unfortunately my computer is broken so I cannot upload
the patch. I hope some other can make a better patch.
(add codes in Toolbar.cc and Window.cc)
Sorry again for my poor English.
Log in to post a comment.