HTML mailing and KMail

Help
Tim Holy
2001-11-30
2001-11-30
  • Tim Holy

Tim Holy - 2001-11-30

Hi,

First, I really appreciate the work that you've done on BioMail. It's my main way to keep up-to-date with the scientific literature in my subfield. Kudos all around.

I receive the HTML version of your mailings. I just switched over to a Linux KDE desktop. Under KMail, nothing happens when I click "See abstracts" or any of the other buttons, although all the checkboxes and web links work fine. Is this a KMail configuration problem or bug, or is it something for you?

Thanks,
    --Tim Holy

• Dmitry Mozzherin

Thanks for you kind words about our work, Tim!

Many 'html compatible' clients are not fully compatible , they don't send request information from html letters to the server, as a result the biomail script shows the  login page. There is a nice way to fix it in the new 0.7 version which we are testing now at biomail.org.
      Login to your account at biomail.org, change letters format from 'HTML format' to 'HTML in attachment'.

As a result you will get searches attached to letters. Save this attachments to your hard drive and open them in your favorite browser.

Cheers,
      Dmitry Mozzherin

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks