Menu

Comprehensive color list

NAA
2018-06-03
2018-10-26
  • NAA

NAA - 2018-06-03

Hello,
    I've been a long-time fan of this mod, and only started getting back into it recently. Great work! With all the new updates, I was wondering if I could find a comprehensive list somewhere of all the colours and what they do?
    Thanks!

• MarcoA

MarcoA - 2018-06-06

Hi :)

I really appreciate, that you like my mod (if you mean the color mod, but other mods do not have extra colors, so it should be mine).

At the moment, there exists an old readme file for 1.22 here https://sourceforge.net/projects/biogenesiscolor/files/?source=navbar

But well, it isn´t up to date anymore, because I am too lazy, and there isn´t that much interest to really motivate me to write a new one (your complains might have helped xD)...
    I definitely still do intend to create an up to date readme including all newer colors (and changes).

When I uploaded new versions I also explained in the forum what new colors do, but you can also just ask here right now (for colors that do not make sense to you).

There are probably too many colors anyway, if this was a commercial product (confuses "customers"), but I need to implement new stuff to stay interested myself, and if people do not like certain colors they can set the probabilty to 0.

Also I may upload a new version relatively soon.

• Elon Satoshi

Elon Satoshi - 2018-06-08

A new version?? Of Biogenesis Colors? That'd be awesome. It's been a while since I used Biogenesis, but today I came back here and was disappointed that the last updates were from 2017 for Biogenesis and 2018 for Biogenesis Colors. If you make a new version, I'll be the first one to try it out.

• MarcoA

MarcoA - 2018-06-08

Hi :)

The last version of Joan Queralt (vanilla Biogenesis) is from 2010, and my last Color Mod version was uploaded at the end of last year.

Need to balance and change some things until I can upload a new version.

• cliftut

cliftut - 2018-10-25

An updated color description would be awesome, but I understand thst it's a large undertaking if you've made a lot of changes/tweaks (especially since many colors have special effects that interact). Might I suggest seeing if you can crowdsource it a bit?

Maybe you could set up a Google doc or something so that others could fill in basic info based on your announcements. We might be a very niche community, but evo-sim enthusiasts like to support their projects, I think, given how few surviving projects there are. cries (RIP Evolve 4.0) ;)

Last edit: cliftut 2018-10-25
  • MarcoA

MarcoA - 2018-10-26

I will at least create a general overview about what the colors do, plus including other important stuff.

Crowdsourcing this might make sense, once I upload the new version.
    If people want to , not sure?