Menu

Interested in helping this Project

2022-09-27
2022-09-27
  • Jeffery Michael Sergent

Hey Marco and everyone. I am an amateur programmer who is interested in playing around with the code of this game and adding stuff to it. I was also thinking about making my own new game about microbial evolution in Game Maker Studio 2 once I have enough experience with game design and programming. What does everyone think? Anything I can do to help?

• MarcoA

MarcoA - 2022-09-27

Hi, I am an amateur programmer myself, and started with my Color Mod as a fan, when Joan Queralt stopped working on it. I am also the only active Admin now.

Biogenesis is open source, and you can find the newest sourcecode of the Color Mod here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/biogenesis/files/Color%20Mod/2.0/ You can also just mod the vanilla simulation of course.

If you add something substantial enough (like a new Color function, but that is only an example), I can also add your mod to the main download. And if it fits with the Color Mod, I will also merge it (and credit you), although changes to it are to be expected in that case, to enhance balance for example.

Last edit: MarcoA 2022-09-27