#226 Pre-bid on NNNNN FAILED:

open
None
5
2005-01-02
2004-11-29
No

[2004-11-28 18:10:42] Pre-bid on NNNNNNN FAILED: Unable
to determine error. This indicates a bug.

bidwatcher 1.3.16

bw2.cfg:
option tracklistings yes
option trackbids yes
option updateonstartup yes
option autodelete yes
option snipedelay 14
option update_prio1_int 10
option update_prio2_int 60
option update_prio3_int 300
option update_prio4_int 900
option security 1
option country 0
option timediff -7655
user <USERNAME> nopass
option browser x-www-browser
option emailclient x-terminal-emulator -e mutt
option fixedfont
-*-clean-medium-r-normal-*-*-120-*-*-c-*-*-*
option cleanfont
-*-clean-medium-r-normal-*-*-140-*-*-c-*-*-*
option color0 0 0 0
option color1 51200 0 0
option color2 0 25600 65535
option color3 0 0 0
option color4 0 25600 65535
option color5 51200 0 0
option color6 59000 59000 60000
option color7 60000 60000 50000

Discussion

  • Chris Covell

    Chris Covell - 2004-12-07

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=788462

    I also have this error. The only additional information I
    have is that I had to set up BidWatcher to make use of a
    trasnparent proxy (as provided by my ISP) before it would
    "see" eBay auctions. I do not have to use the proxy for any
    other web activities.

     
  • s bond

    s bond - 2004-12-12

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1084057

    Could you test the patch I just uploaded (1084042) ?
    You will need to have libcurl installed, and then edit the
    makefile to link against curl. It's not the most pretty
    solution, but it seems to work for me.

     
  • Ralf G.

    Ralf G. - 2005-01-01

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1188233

    hi, I don't get any error messages, but seemingly my bids are
    not taken by ebay.de:

    although bidwatcher lists the items correctly as if it had done
    what to do, I am always overbidden -- even if my snipe limit
    is higher than the last price. browsing "my ebay" doesn't
    show any bids of mine, either.

    is the browser settings accessed to bid? I replaced
    x-www-browser by /usr/bin/konqueror (as x-www-browser is
    no executable file anywhere).

    thanks for possible hints (I didn't want to open a new bug
    just because I didn't understand)

    happy new year!
    RG2005

     
  • Kevin Dwyer

    Kevin Dwyer - 2005-01-02

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=285914

    Yeah, this is all well-known brokenness in 1.3.16. Luckily,
    sdbond stepped up and provided a patch to alleviate some of
    the problems. I reworked it a bit and applied it to CVS
    this morning. I still need to add/test proxy support, but
    bidding worked for me.

     
  • Kevin Dwyer

    Kevin Dwyer - 2005-01-02
    • assigned_to: nobody --> kevindication
     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks