64it drivers?

Help
customhost
2011-04-02
2013-05-17
  • customhost

customhost - 2011-04-02

Hi there,

is there any possibility of installing the provided 32bit drivers on a Win7 64bit system and/or are there any planned 64bit drivers for the Mustek 1200CU Scanner? If not, is there any other possibility to get the scanner working on a Win7 64bit system or do I need to purchase a new one?

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Eric

• Alexander Ilyin

Alexander Ilyin - 2013-05-17

yet another way is to use some virtual machine like Oracle VM VirtualBox which is free and available on any Windows editions. Install some linux there and use sane.
      Here is great article how install Mustek BearPaw 2448 TA Plus http://gettoknowlinux.blogspot.com/2009/05/ubuntu.html

The problem for this scanner on Linux is slowness. I just can able scan with max 100dpi with no problems.

• Sergey Podobry

Sergey Podobry - 2011-04-09

Hi Eric,

I have no good news about using this scanner on Win7 64bit.  There is no possibility to run 32bit drivers in 64bit environment. And I am not planning to work on 64bit driver. There is a couple of reasons for that. One of them is that all 64bit drivers must be digitally signed (which costs money). It's a pity but for Win7 64bit you have to buy a new scanner.

Best regards,
    Sergey Podobry

• Anonymous - 2013-03-06

Confirmed that this works on win 7 64bit in XP mode. To install the driver in XP mode first you should first find and attach the unidentified device to the virtual machine using the USB menu.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks