This page describes the code review process after a patch has been submitted and the responsibilities of the Reviewer(s) and the Submitter.
- Reply to the email with the submitted patches. Be sure that the To: field contains both the mailing list and submitter's email addresses.
- Place general comments at the top of the email. Suggestions which are specific to a given section of code should be inline with the patch text.
If you need to make changes to your patches after recieving a review, you should base those changes on the existing commits in your local git repo.
- Checkout the first commit in your feature branch and create a new branch for the code review changes.
- Make the appropriate changes as suggested by the reviewer.
- Amend the commit with
git commit --ammend -aC from the command-line or by clicking the "Amend Previous Commit" button in the Git Staging view in Eclipse.
- Move your other commits from your feature branch to your new code review branch. If every commit needs changes, you can use
git cherry-pick and repeat steps 2 and 3. If several commits will remain unchanged from your original submission, use