Way too fast

Help
HEAT84
2004-08-27
2013-01-11
  • HEAT84

HEAT84 - 2004-08-27

With Basilisk and every emulator that I've used  games run way too fast! I assume this is because they (the emulators) were designed on PCs with Pentium 2 (or its AMD equivalent or maybe even Cyrix) CPU's  or even slower.  I have a 2.08 GHZ AMD CPU. Any Ideas on how to slow down emulation or is ther an emulator that was made in the last 2 years?

• Jim Watters

Jim Watters - 2004-08-27

That depends on your platform.

As far as the last two years, SheepShaver can now emulate a PPC running up to OS 9.0.4 (with AltiVec), but only on Linux. Not sure what speed you should expect playing a game, but SheepShaver is pretty fast. You need a specific ROM image to run SheepShaver on the x86 platform.

PearPC can emulate a slow G4 and run OS X 10.x on Linux and Windows, but can't run in Mac Classic mode yet (to run your games). No ROM required.

I assume you already know about the Fusion PC, SoftMac, Executor and (mini) vMac 68k emulators that may also run your game slower then Basilisk II does?

• french1eiht7

french1eiht7 - 2004-11-13

Oh yeah noticed that too, Basilisk runs games from the 80's way too fast. So better play B&W games on Mini vMac