From: R. Bernstein <rocky@pa...> - 2006-09-22 12:07:34
If you can test from CVS please do. If you need a candidate tarball,
contact me. New to this release is thread debugging. It is
experimental and optional; to use you need to specifiy the --threading
option or add to your program:
Here are the NEWS entries for this release.
* Start thread debugging:
info thread [thread-name] [terse|verbose] - show thread info
thread [thread-name [thread-name]...] - switches thread
qt - quit current thread
can set a breakpoint on a specific thread name.
* GDB-like signal handling. Some code based on Matt Fleming's 2006
Summer-of-Code project. Gdb's "handle" and "signal" commands.
* Add hard kill. May be needed for thread debugging.
* Fix bug in handling temporary breakpoints (tbreak) caused by the
difference in semantics between pdb's 'clear' command and pdb's
(which calls this 'delete' and has a different meaning for 'clear').
* 'examine' command now shows object's instance variables.
* add gdb 'FILE' command: allow loading/running a file from within
pydb. (The old pydb from ddd had it too.)
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.