Menu

Atmega168 Port access denied on write poperties on object name and out of service

Help
Daniel
2016-08-16
2016-08-27
  • Daniel

Daniel - 2016-08-16

Hi, I have compiled with success this port on an ATMEGA2560 but when i try to write property to the object like out of service or change its name it show an error from device ERROR_CLASS_PROPERTY - ERROR_CODE_WRITE_ACCESS_DENIED Can I get your advice to see if I have missed something or is it normal in this port ?

• Steve Karg

Steve Karg - 2016-08-16

The atmega168 port is very limited on what it can do since it has limited code space. In order to fit, the code for handling out-of-service and object-name was removed and therefore, it is not writable, returning the errors that you saw. Since you have a larger AVR device, you could use the ports/bdk-atxx4-mstp/ project and just change the hardware interfaces for your microcontroller in the various files. However, even in that example, the out-of-service and object-name properties are not writable. You could make them writable by adding the appropriate code to the object files (i.e. av.c, bv.c, etc) by copying the appropriate code from other demo/object/ files.

• Daniel

Daniel - 2016-08-27

Thanks a lot Steve it worked ! great job you have done with this stack !