Menu

Relinquish value

Gncy
2013-05-16
2013-05-16
  • Gncy

Gncy - 2013-05-16

i have set a value in the analog output object to the network. I am using analog output object in order to change the device id from the network and it must show the start up default value. But after sometime,its been overwritten by a zero value.i suppose it is due to the call of the Analog_Output_Present_Value_Relinquish().so is there any issues if i commented that function????

Thank you

• Steve Karg

Steve Karg - 2013-05-16

An Analog Output object must have the Priority_Array and the Relinquish_Default properties, and follow the rules of BACnet Clause 19. In my opinion, Analog Output is not a good choice to model the Device ID, since an Output object is used when multiple entities want control of something, and they use the priority-array to facilitate this along with the relinquish-default when nothing is in control.

A better choice of object to model the Device ID is either the Device object Object_Identifier property, or an Analog Value object Present_Value property that does not contain Priority_Array and Relinquish_Default properties. Other objects that would work include some of the new Value objects.