I've made a few changes on my 'what files changed on incremental" script.
* First of all, I changed the name. As it will be normally put
together with the distribution administrative scripts, lower case will
* Now 'pool' and 'delete' lines are also listed, besides 'create'. An
extra initial column with 2 spaces was added.
* I've split uid and gid. An extra new column was added
* Added a --fancy option
* Added a --summary option. I've found that create+pool+same equals
the nFiles on backups file.
* Added a -v version option
With this post follows the script and a usage text file with examples.
Remember that the output is usually long, and the process will take a
bit of time and machine. Use less and avoid full backups.
I have called this version 1.0.1beta. I intend to make a 1.0.0 version
with any suggestions you'll be kind enough to make, and a better
formatting of the summary option.
I've been running this script on a updated Ubuntu hardy
2.6.24-27-server x86_64, with BackupPC 3.0.0. Tried it mostly with
I knew just the basic of awk and sed when I've started, and as you may
know, I'm portuguese.
So please feel free to correct anything, all comments will be appreciate.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.