Klaus Weidenbach a =E9crit :
> Seems there is
> no line like "<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html;
> charset=3DUTF-8"/>" in the <head> tag of the html files.
[Apologies if you receive this message twice. I've sent it 6 hours ago=20=
and it hasn't shown on the mailing list yet.]
That's a good hypothesis, but BackupPC sets the charset in the HTTP=20
lib/BackupPC/CGI$ fgrep charset *
Lib.pm: print $Cgi->header(-charset =3D> "utf-8");
However, I was able to reproduce the problem I was getting earlier.
I reinstalled backuppc from the latest cvs on my two servers -- both
running debian testing with perl 5.8.8.
One of them (ali) is sending utf8 encoded web pages that render
correctly, it has LANG set to "C".
The other one (sylvester) is sending web pages encoded in iso-latin-1
but with a utf8 charset HTTP header. The pages don't render correctly
unless I change the encoding in Firefox to iso-latin-1. When I browse
the backups, the filenames display correctly. It has LANG set
to "fr-CA" and my locale is set to "fr_CA ISO-8859-1".
I tried setting my locale to nothing, to fr_CA.utf8, setting the env
variable LANG=3DC, putting "no utf8;" in the lang files, but I can't get
it to work... So after all this, I'm still confused, but not for the
same reasons as before... :-(
Guillaume Filion, ing. jr
Logidac Tech., Beaumont, Qu=E9bec, Canada - http://logidac.com/
PGP Key and more: http://guillaume.filion.org/
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.