Download History "propered"

Plugins
2007-10-02
2013-01-31
  • Geir Olav Jensen

A lot of stuff get's "propered" these days, and my ScaneRSS won't dl any of it because it has already download "that episode". I'd like to see an option to turn on history override if there's a proper in the item title.

(I could set up this by manually having two filters for each item, one "regular" and with "proper" - but that is a major hassle to administer :D)

• Leonard Brünings

Well I don't even know what "proper" means in this case.
      But either you have one filter with prober in it and wait, or
      you'll have 2 filters for now.

I planned on a v2 support maybe I'll add proper in it, but I can't say when its
      ready since I have a paid job now that takes a lot of my free non study time.

• Geir Olav Jensen

"Proper" is when say episode 3 season 2 is re-released because something was wrong with the first one.

Always sad to see great free content get tossed on the back burner due to real life interfering though :D Just know that your software is greatly appreciated "as-is" :D

• Leonard Brünings

So proper is basically a Version2 v2 ?

• Geir Olav Jensen

Yeah, or 3 or 4 or whatever. However items are still named the same except for a proper in the title item... A simple solution would be to have an option box to allow scanerss to "redownload" stuff it has already downloaded if it is has "proper" in the item.

Kinda like this "Prison.Break.S03E03.Call.Waiting.REAL.PROPER.HDTV.XviD-FQM" (which apparently is the 3 release of that shows episode within 7 hours... :D)

• Leonard Brünings

Well you are lucky there will be a new beta of scanerss today that will support HigherVersionDownload.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks