Assigning Azsmrc to .torrent files in Linux

Help
Paczesiowa
2007-01-07
2013-01-31
  • Paczesiowa

Paczesiowa - 2007-01-07

How can I assign Azsmrc to auto-open .torrent files (e.g. double click) because I want to tell Opera to open torrent files with default application.

I use KDE if it matters.

• Leonard Brünings

Well I don't use Opera but a friend of mine uses it
      and I'm pretty sure that I saw a config option to set file handlers in the preferences.

• SSamiK

SSamiK - 2007-01-08

Tools - Preferences - Downloads
      Find filetype torrent and edit to "open with default application" if you have AzSMRC as default torrent handler in KDE, or to "open with other application" 

• SSamiK

SSamiK - 2007-01-08

ah, sorry.. forgot one.. Tools - Preferences -  Advanced - Downloads.

And just put path to lanucher in the boxes below the option you select.

• Paczesiowa

Paczesiowa - 2007-01-10

I know how to do it with opera I just don't know the command to open single file. I tried to open it with the same command which I use to start azsmrc (java -classpath launcher.jar  -Djava.library.path=. lbms.tools.launcher.Launcher) I tried command which also works with opening azsmrc (java -jar launcher.jar) but none of them works.

• Leonard Brünings

Well I use windows so I can't really help you there.
      It just takes the first argument passed to it.
      So I would suggest something like
      java -classpath launcher.jar -Djava.library.path=. lbms.tools.launcher.Launcher /path/to/file.torrent
      or if you want to scrape
      java -classpath launcher.jar -Djava.library.path=. lbms.tools.launcher.Launcher -scrape /path/to/file.torrent
      but I don't know if it will work, maybe Marc has an idea.

• Paczesiowa

Paczesiowa - 2007-01-10

OK I got it to work. correct option is "java -jar launcher.jar" but it must be executed in azsmrc dir. it doesn't work from other dirs (so don't try smth like java -jar ~/azsmrc/launcher.jar)

here is screen for kde setup: http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8884/pulpit3vh5.jpg
      I know it's in polish but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

• j(/)rn

j(/)rn - 2007-06-18

If you want a launcher for AzSMRC which can be used to open/add torrents from your browser, you could use a script I've hacked from the Azureus startupscript.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1758550&forum_id=553159

- j -

• Flow

Flow - 2010-09-27

For linux/gnome I just use these steps to set the magnet handler to azsmrc
    1. gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/magnet/command '/opt/azsmrc/azsmrc %s' -type String
    2. gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/magnet/enabled -type Boolean true
    3. edit the azsmrc script, so that it supports parameters (add $1):
    java -classpath launcher.jar  lbms.tools.launcher.Launcher $1

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks